What We Do
We carefully manage market risks to achieve your long-term goals. Portfolios can compound faster when they do not experience major losses. We are driven to protect our clients against major losses without giving up long-term growth potential. Others attempt to beat and time the market with stock picks–despite evidence that few succeed with this approach. We understand and implement hedging, momentum strategies, true diversification, and down-side risk management to improve portfolio performance.
We are a boutique investment firm based in Dallas, Texas working with a variety of clients at every stage of their careers and objectives. We provide traditional advisory accounts, retirement accounts, hedge funds, and professional services for other investment advisors. Our firm operates several core lines of business:
♦ CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ — Although many professionals call themselves either a “financial planner” or “financial advisor”, only CFP® professionals have completed extensive training and are held to the highest ethical and education standards. Our advisors enjoy learning about our clients, their dreams and goals, and can design specific financial plans to assist them in reaching those goals;
♦ Individual Managed Accounts — We help open accounts for our clients, assist in identifying appropriate investment strategies, and implement those strategies;
♦ 401(k) and Other Retirement Plan Services — We provide investment advice to plan sponsors and participants for small and medium size businesses, consistently providing a better product solution and more service at a lower cost;
♦ 401(k) Advice for Individuals — Many individuals have a 401(k) or other retirement plan account that often represents the bulk of their wealth, yet they receive little or no professional advice on how to allocate their balance. We offer a service to look at your plan and make regular recommendations based on a quarterly report customized to your specific plan’s investment options;
♦ Hedge Funds — We operate several private hedge funds for our clients across a variety of diverse strategies and asset classes. These funds are designed to provide access to our flagship strategies in the most operationally efficient manner. Our private fund products are generally only available to accredited investors and/or qualified clients.
WE FOCUS ON RISK MANAGEMENT
Decades ago, famous investor Ben Graham said “the essence of investment management is the management of risk, not the management of returns.”
While all investments carry risk, we believe in actively managing risk based on a quantitative approach to tactically managing portfolios. Significant amounts of research have validated the concepts of momentum and trend-following, our primary method utilized for risk management.
WE ARE CLEAR
- CLEAR COMPENSATION. Depending on the product, we are compensated either in the form of a management or performance fee. We do not receive commissions for selling securities, and we do not represent a broker-dealer. Nor do we take soft dollars from brokerage firms or advertisers. We do not take kick backs. We want to grow with you, not at your expense, and we work hard to make sure our interests are aligned with yours as fiduciaries.
- CLEAR INDEPENDENCE. We are not associated with any other investment managers who dictate the investment products we recommend to you. We use a third party custodian, TD Ameritrade Institutional, a division of TD Ameritrade, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC/NFA, to possess our client’s funds and to clear trades. You have full access to your account, and maintain control over it at all times.
- CLEAR COMMUNICATION. We attempt to cut through industry jargon by simplifying data and listening to your interests and needs as it relates to your financial goals. We understand what fiduciary responsibility means.
- CLEAR TRANSACTIONS. We do not hide our trades from our clients. Each client has the ability to view each and every trade we place for them, regardless of the type of account. We do not run “black box” strategies – hidden from view. Our client’s have access to everything we do on their behalf.
TOOLS AT OUR DISPOSAL
- No limitations. Because Lorintine is independent, we have fewer limitations on what we can recommend for our clients – a benefit we pass directly to our clients.
- Options. Options create unique opportunities, when used responsibly. Our advisors have years of experience in using options for clients to help manage risk and generate income.
- Leading Industry Technology. Through TD Ameritrade Institutional, a division of TD Ameritrade, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC/NFA, our advisors have access to cutting edge and industry leading technology, trading platforms and analytical tools that exceed industry standards.
- Outside Partners. Because Lorintine is independent, we are free to consult with and partner with outside sources – including attorneys, other advisors, and managers so we can ensure that our clients are consistently being provided the most appropriate products and services for them.
- Individually Managed Accounts. Lorintine is first and foremost a traditional investment advisory firm. We meet with our clients, learn about their goals, their risk tolerances, and open a brokerage account with them after discussing an appropriate asset allocation. Clients are free to have complete control over their accounts (non-discretionary), authorize complete control over to us (discretionary), or somewhere in between. We do what works best for you.
- Retirement Accounts. Whether you have an IRA, Roth, 401(k), SEP or any other type of retirement plan, we can assist you in funding your lifetime goals.
- Financial Planning. When engaging in financial planning with our clients, we follow a multi-step process to help you set realistic long term financial goals, and then design a plan for achieving those goals that is reviewed periodically.
- Hedge Funds. Lorintine manages private funds for certain accredited investors. However, it also can serve as the general partner to other outside hedge funds, assisting in the management and creation of funds.